Friday, May 16, 2008

A DROP OF SALAD TOPPING

I think it was one of the first of the many dinners we had in the Hotel, my plate was filled with a lot of veggies as it usually is, and some green olives. I had in my glass a strange looking juice (that looked like a sinister mango shake that had just escaped from prison) which I had picked up from the Salad and Veggies counter. Sachin too asked me for a recommendation….and promptly went away to get the same. I looked about like a monarch surveying his subjects that he governed, only my subjects were in the plate and then chose the opportune moment to take a sip from the glass. It was then that I realized that it wasn’t a mango shake at all in the first place, let alone be sinister. It was salad dressing. Sachin came back and took a sip from it and his face said it all…..there was no better expression or reaction that said it better. So I had to face the brunt of both our angers and the great after taste it left in our mouths that took a very long time to forget or subside. Till date I haven’t been able to find out about the origins of that evil tasting salad dressing.

No comments: